Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blueprints for the Disorganized Child


Preference:

Carrera M. (2005,Oct.18). Blueprints for the Disorganized Child. Psychology Today Last Retrieved Feb 4, 2009, from http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-3907.html.

Summary:

In this article, “Blueprints for the Disorganized Child” the author discusses how parents are suffering with their disorganized kids. She gave an example of parent who her kid is very unordered and his back bag usually is dirty. She tried a lot to teach him how make it and everything he uses is clean, but he couldn’t understand and still does everything with aimless nature. Then the writer gave some keys to help us discover whethere our kids have this problem. Also she gave us some ways to help them to be more organized.

Reaction:

Because my major is psychology, I discuss this situation with a lot of parents, and I see how they are suffering with them especially when they are very organized people and tried many ways to change their kids’ customs. My advice to them was: talk with them as a friend, make a series of deals, then use a punishment and reward technique. Try to be a good model for them, so change yourself first. Some parents could not succeed to change their kids randomness because they lost their patience.

I agree with the author’s Idea that kids need their parents’ support, and they should try to pass this problem. In my experience with my kids, they were so ordered when we were in Saudi Arabia. But they changed a little bit while we came to America. I thought a lot about why that happened, then I found that because I am so busy, so sometimes I couldn’t care about everything they did such as their backbag or their room, but they are still good boys; they understand that is very bad, so they try a lot to be more organized

No comments: